Sunday, April 4, 2010

Food!! Glorious Food!!


So, with much frustration, I attempted to see two more doctors before I headed east to Cleveland, to confirm the fact that I was really Lactose, Sucrose and Gluten intolerent!! My attempts were in vain, but I was able to get into see a Nurse Practicioner who works with four Gastroenterologists and has for over 30 years. My heart lept for joy when after reviewing all my tests, she announced I was only Lactose intolerent, a little bit Sugar intolerent and Malt intolerent which means: I can enjoy milk products with an enzyme pill first, I CAN eat sugar (in moderation) and I only need to avoid Malt Barley, which is in beer !?, some breads, cereals and crackers, but certainly not ALL! I seriously feel like a new woman. I couldn't wrap my head around not consuming those food groups ever ever again!!! I feel so bad for those who can't!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Carol Lambert said...

HURRAH! I have been praying that things would look better for you and your health. As long as we cut out the beer drinking at the "24" parties, I think we will be okay! When do you leave for Telisa's? How exciting that you will soon have another little one to love.

Unknown said...

Such good news Mom!!! I was having sympathy anxiety for you, I can't imagine not being able to eat all those foods again!! Can't wait for you. . . . and the baby to come!!!

Tristen said...

SO glad that you can enjoy life and the food that goes along with it!