Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mother's Day 2011-gifts from the heart


This canvas picture was designed and made by my dear daughter Telisa!! The quote is by Abraham Lincoln!

This beautiful pillow was hand sewn by the talented Tristen! I love it!!!!
Tara graciously offered to host the Mother's Day dinner at her newly remodeled home. Our home was a construction zone on Mother's Day. Besides having the joy to be with my children, even the little VanLeeuwens via Skype, we had another lovely surprise that day. Elder Oscar Aguilar, one of our dearest missionaries, was in town that weekend for a seminar. He was Dennis' AP, twice, actually! So our kids were very close with him. When we walked into Tara's home, the kids were surprised to see a blast from their past! Chad, our son-in-law was also very close friends with Elder Aguilar. It was nearly a perfect day!! (missed Clay and Telisa, Kim was very sick and Adam was taking care of his sick kids) Thanks you to my sweet children for their love, cards and handmade gifts and exciting gift cards to some of my favorite places!!
I LOVE BEING A MOM!!!!

0 comments: