Sunday, September 25, 2011

BYU vs. University of Texas


Grandpa made a promise to his granddaughter Sabrina a year ago that if she practiced her piano for a year without complaining he would take her to the BYU game in Texas......and she could bring a friend! She chose her cousin Jessica, also our granddaughter, so of course, I had to go along!! Not a big sports fan, but a big fan of being with my granddaughters!! Dennis invited two of his buddies, Ron Beach and Gordon Christiansen. So this odd group of travelers journeyed to Austin, Texas for the game. The loss was disappointing, but we still laughed until we cried, which is how I measure fun! It was especially delightful to hook up with my cute nephew, Greg Stout, who is a student at UT and his mother, Sherrie Russell. We had a great visit!!





Sabrina and Jess chilling in the Governor's receiving room at the Capital!
The boys touring the Alamo.

The Texas fans, for the most part, were very cool and gracious!

2 comments:

Tristen said...

It was a bad weekend for both football teams. Looks like a fun trip.

Kim said...

I can't thank you and Dennis enough for the great trip for Sabrina. She had a blast. I really appreciate all the love and support to continually give to my daughters and to me!!!
I love you!