Saturday, April 5, 2008

On Being Grandparents!

With the miraculous birth of our latest grandchild, Bodie Dennis Van Leeuwen, Den and I continue to marvel at the absolute miracle that must take place in order to bring a healthy child into this world. While I was in Cleveland, I noted many young teenagers having babies in a very caviler manner, not even remotely aware of the sacred responsibility that bringing a child into this world means. It saddened me, but on the other hand, how grateful I felt for all my grandchildren who were created in sacred love, and then welcomed into this life with a tender unconditional love and devotion that will last far beyond this life. I know each one of our dearest grandchildren is receiving and will continue to receive all the most important teachings, physical care and virtues that is necessary to find their paths back to their Heavenly Father someday by their amazing and dedicated parents. Is it easy? NOT in the slightest! Is it worth it? Oh YES! Just wait until you become grandparents!!! To all my gifted sons and daughters numbering twelve, who are now parents or about to be parents, I honor and respect you for giving us the privilege of being grandparents. Your children will rise up and call you blessed.

10 comments:

Tara said...

Mom that is very sweet, thank you you are right though every single child is an absolute miracle.

Unknown said...

Mom, you brought tears to my eyes. It all started because Dad and you raised us up in a caring, loving and church-oriented home. I am so glad you guys could be here for our little miracle who has brought nothing but joy to us.

Mama Beus said...

Mom, you were right, I can see the pictures on Moxzilla! Weird stuff. You are so sweet about all your grandchildren!

Tristen said...

So cute Mom. I can see your slide show no problem! It's always just the posts that go away. Thanks for raising a good family! We are blessed. I just wish you could remember what you did to get us all to turn out like we did. I need help in a major way!

Kim said...

I love the slide show!! Thank you for your kind words. I only hope to live up to what you said. It's time to raise the bar, I think!

Mikel said...

I didn't know Uncle Dennis was that handy! If we owned our place and could make those kind of changes I'd be begging him to come pay us a visit!

Mikel said...

Well, it's all very complicated! As of now it's looking like my mom will be coming out two weeks after I have the baby.

As far as inducing...there's a possibility that we'll have to plan an induction (possibly even a c-section) anyway...one, because Dave might be traveling right before the baby comes and two, because Lily is so big there is a chance they'll want to take her a bit early.

And I don't think I've been having any kinds of contractions...not even braxton hicks. But I can't be totally sure, I don't know what they're supposed to feel like!

Mikel said...

I think I realized that I'm having some kinds of contractions when I go on my walks. My belly always does funny things when I walk and for some reason it dawned on me yesterday while I was walking (since they have started getting more intense) that those are probably contractions!

Mikel said...

That'll be so great to have you out here! Do you know when exactly you're coming and where you're staying? My mom leaves the 12th and I leave the 30th.

Mikel said...

The 16th thru 19th sounds great. It's too bad my mom will most likely already be gone. I'm glad you're coming, though!

I won't know about the c-section until my 37 week ultrasound (about 2 and half more weeks).