Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dennis Peters Annual Golf Tournament 2008





For Dennis' 50th Birthday, in lieu of a big birthday party, he just wanted to golf with his favorite buddies, so in his honor I gave him a Golf Tournament. We named it the Dennis E Peters Golf Tournament. It was a success in every way, so Dennis decided to carry on the tradition every year since then. This was year ten, and primarily due to Tiffany's prompting, the girls decided to form their own foursome. Tiffany is the only one that had any golf experience what so ever, but the girls were willing. The team was Tiffany, Kim, Tara and Tristen. The day prior to the tournament Kim found out her sister was coming into town from Chicago and was planning on staying with her. Naturally Kim was torn, as she had committed to play on the team and had already purchased the team shirt with the girls in Ohio. I spoke to her and assured her that I was perfectly willing to make a complete fool of myself and take her place. Much to my complete and utter surprise, I was able to actually hit the ball and occasionally rather straight, not far, but straight. We ended up with two extra team members, who pretty much out played us, Cade and Zach! Tiffany was the super hitter. She even won for closest to the pin for the entire tournament! Tara, Tristen and I muddled through, but nevertheless, we finished 18 holes, (9 would of been great!) Each one of us took turns having a good hit, which gave us such a thrill! My husband truly loves this sport with his whole heart and soul. Now I understand his vision. KIM, you were missed! NEXT YEAR!







3 comments:

Tara said...

We miss you Telisa, Kim and Sara we are all going to attempt it again next year?!?

Unknown said...

Mom, it looks so so fun!! I really would love to play next year. You girls look awesome. I just love the outfits and all the accessories! Your flowers look great too and I like the pic of Bodie you added.

Tristen said...

We missed you too Joey! Next year, maybe we can get some practice and actually be able to hit the ball more than a few hits out of eighteen holes! Cade was my favorite part about the whole thing, he was better than his mommy of course.