Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lovers Leap and Den's favorite gifts!



Gifts from the heart--
The first photo is the Menu of the DVD Telisa made for her dad. Frankly, we were blown away by it's professionalism and creativity! We both cried and laughed. Wonderful job Seis!
Next, Dennis' sister Susan, found all of Dennis' letters that he wrote home during his mission. She put them in binders for him, but beyond that, she read through them all, typed up some of his stories and quotes from the letters and made a little booklet for each one of his children! Pretty amazing!
And last, Sandra Rast, one of our favorite artist, recently painted Old Jerusalem. I happen to see the original in her home. When we returned home from our trip, I went to work at getting a copy to give to Dennis for his birthday. It wasn't ready until about two hours prior to his party! Whew!

Tara, where's Jovie?



A favorite family game!! Tara's partner Jovie, is having a hard time holding her mom up!?

It was a day to remember for our family. It was not without incident! It started with me omitted the date on the invitation! Then on the day of the party rainstorms, wind, cold temperatures for June (in the 60's), I left the plates, cups and napkins at home which I realized when I arrived at the park in Orem. Thankfully our good neighbors, Steve and Trina Metcalf came to our rescue. Tara came about three hours early to help me set up (she was there before I was!!)
But at the end of the day, Dennis was overcome with joy and emotion for all the love and support from his family and friends.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stephie said...

The temps were in the 60's in honor of Dennis' 60th!

Mama Beus said...

It was great to see all the family and friends that showed up to show their love for Dad! He is a wonderful man who makes everyone around him want to be a better person! I love you dad!!

Tristen said...

I don't know of anyone who is more loved, respected, honored and cherished than you Dad!! You rock. I hope I can be like you when I grow up. It's weird for me to be turning 30, the exact age you were when I was born.