Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"We Are Family! I Got All My Sisters With Me!"





A miracle occurred last week when all my daughters and my niece were able to come together for a Girls Trip to St. George, Utah! Den and I bought a home down there with two other families about three weeks prior to our trip. The home was new, and had been vacant for about 3 years. There were numerous repairs, and the job of getting it furnished and livable seemed impossible! However, somehow we pulled it off moments before the first carload of girls (Tara, Kim, Sara and Telisa) arrived at approximately 4:39 pm on Wednesday, June 17th! (Not that I was excited or anything!!) For me it was like Christmas morning when the kids were little! About five hours later, Stephanie and her newborn baby boy Joshua drove up from California! And then the last carload arrived around 1:00 in the blessed AM carrying Tiffany and Tristen! We all waited up and were thrilled that everyone finally made it all safe and sound! Our last night Tristen friend, Teresa drove down from Cedar City and spent the evening with us, as well. She was delightful! We enjoyed great food, laughing until we peed our pants, games, the pool, the hot tub, shopping, spa treatments, a movie and screaming at the sight of cockroaches running across the floor, which we learned love the sweet desert of St. George! Who knew?! I celebrated my 56th birthday on the 19th! I appreciate the sweet cards and gifts I received. I love all my girls so much! Next year we hope Mikel can join us! A million thanks to all the mothers, dads, grandpas, neighbors and mother-in-laws who cared for my grandchildren so the girls could have a much needed break!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those pictures!!! That has been one of the highlights of my year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephie said...

SO MUCH FUN!!! I'll send out my pics when I can get on my computer!

Sara said...

Thank you so much for the FUN trip!!
The pictures turned out cute.

Mama Beus said...

It was a great trip! THanks again Mom and Dad for all you did to make it possible!!

Tristen said...

It was an amazing trip! I loved every second. Especially the part where I turned my brain off and can't remember a single street or direction we drove or what time it was the entire trip!