Monday, February 8, 2010

Service Project for Haiti





As all of you have seen in horror and disbelief, the destruction in Haiti, our family felt prompted to do a VERY small part to help out. We made Hygiene Kits which the Humanitarian Center will ship off to the shattered country . They consisted of two hand towels, two combs, four toothbrushes, one tube of toothpaste, two bars of soap. Not much, I know, but we needed to do something. Sara mentioned she and her young women went the the Humanitarian Center for a tour. They told the girls that the recipents of the kits are most excited about the ZipLock bag it comes in. They cherish it for years! Yeah, we're pretty spoiled here. Now, I wish I could find good families for about a million orphans.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sara said...

Cute pictures
Fun night!!
Thanks for the idea on the kits...it was great!

Unknown said...

Mom, that is so awesome!!! We wish we could of been there to help. I love how you jump at EVERY opportunity to serve. . . like coming to help me in T minus 5 hours!!

Tristen said...

It was fun putting those together. I know several families that want babies. Send them over!