Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Independence Day Celebration!!!! 2010

















I took the opportunity to take pictures in my neighbor's super awesome 50's convertible Cadillac! I love the photos, even though I can't get them in Photo Shop yet, but the PHOTO shoot almost ended in disaster when the car started to roll down the hill with the five Peters girls inside. Apparently, Mylee put it in drive or neutral. Kim's attempt to stop the car with her supermom instinct slowed it down enough to keep the car from hitting a tree. However, Kim and Sabrina both fell, Kim nearly got run over!!! My heart stopped beating for a moment. Thank goodness no one was hurt too badly and the car was fine also.
The rest of the day was both history lesson on John Adams from Grandpa Dennis and water fun! We were very grateful for all those who were able to come. We invite our in-law children's family every year. We want to thank the Van Leeuwens and the Bells for putting up with our craziness!!

From John Adams: "I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires, and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more."

(THANKS SARA FOR THE IDEA)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE all the pics!!!! Wish I could have been there for the 4th! someday. . .

Stephie said...

Me too Cees!!! I apparently needed to stay 2 more weeks!! ;o) I'm glad that Kim and Sabrina are ok! Oh my gosh!!!!

Tristen said...

Those are awesome pictures mom! I need copies for my computer! I love the two little girlies posing. It's hilarious.

Mama Beus said...

That was such a fun morning! Love all the pictures! I need copies!